George Pagoulatos is Professor of European Politics and Economy at the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB), Visiting Professor at the College of Europe in Bruges and Director General of the Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP).
-“Prospects of a eurozone recovery” in L. Andor, A. Skrzypek and H. Giusto (eds.), Progressive Yearbook 2021, Brussels: FEPS – Foundation for European Progressive Studies, 2021, pp. 169-170.
-“State-Market Relations” in K. Featherstone and Dimitri A. Sotiropoulos (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Modern Greek Politics, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2020, pp. 54-70.
-“Greece: The Remarkable Defeat of Euroscepticism” in M. Kaeding, J. Pollak, P. Schmidt, (eds.), Euroscepticism and the Future of Europe: Views from the Capitals, London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2020, pp.55-58
–“EMU and the Greek EMU and the Greek crisis: Testing the extreme limits of an asymmetric union”, Journal of European Integration, 2020, Vol. 42, Issue.3, pp.363–379
-“Greece after the bailouts: assessment of a qualified failure” in: M. Chang, F. Steinberg & F. Torres, eds. The Political Economy of Adjustment Throughout and Beyond the Eurozone Crisis: What Have We Learned?. London: Routledge, 2019, pp. 61-93.
– “Greece after the bailouts: assessment of a qualified failure” GreeSE Papers (130), Hellenic Observatory, European Institute, LSE, November 2018
– “Greece: Searching for Light at the End of the Tunnel”, Intereconomics, Volume 52, March/April 2017, Number 2, pp.66-67
– “State-driven in boom and in bust: Structural limitations of financial power in Greece”, Government and Opposition, 49(3), 2014, pp. 452-482.
– “Greece: The (Eventual) Social Hardship of Soft Budget Constraints” (with M. Katsimi, T. Moutos, and D. Sotiropoulos), in B. Nolan et al. (eds) Changing Inequalities & Societal Impacts in Rich Countries, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2014, pp. 299-321.
– “Turning the Crisis on its Head: Sovereign Debt Crisis as Banking Crisis in Italy and Greece” (with L. Quaglia), in I. Hardie and D. Howarth (eds) Market-Based Banking and the International Financial Crisis, Oxford, Oxford University Press, 2013, pp.179-200.
– “Multilevel Governance in the European Union” (with L. Tsoukalis), in E. Jones, A. Menon and S. Weatherill (eds) Handbook on the European Union, Oxford and New York, Oxford University Press, 2012.
Regional Growth Conference
Russia-Ukraine War: The Day After
After 3 years of a global pandemic and almost a year of war in Europe, 75 years after the end of the previous one,
the EU has to reorient its narrative and policy priorities, establishing a solid geopolitical identity and addressing
geopolitical risks in its neighborhood. Which are the Key priorities of the EU as a Global Actor?
*Knowledge Partner: Hellenic Foundation for European & Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP)